Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Lilly & Owen are 2!

I can't beleive my babies turned two on Sunday! Actually I have so much fun watching them grow and learn at such a fast pace, it doesn't really make me too sad to see them getting older. They are still in need of lots and lots and lots of mommy time and mommy hugs, so I'm trying to enjoy that, knowing some day that won't be the case. We had some friends over for a birthday party, and it was a great time. Luckily it was a beautiful day so we got to spend most of the time outside playing on the new swingset Paul and Grandpa Brown worked so hard to build. The better pictures are on Paul's camera so I'll post more soon.










Lilly woke up on the day of her party and started shrieking when she saw some of her wrapped presents sitting out. She even knew the word and was screaming "pesen!!!!" She totally gets the unwrapping of gifts, which is good, because brother isn't quite as excited about that.



We let Lilly pick her own cupcake on her actual birthday, Sunday. I think she wanted them ALL.


Owen also got a late birthday "gift" on Monday....a 102 fever that doesn't want to go away. Little man had to miss "cool" today because of it, which didn't upset him too much (he's not a fan), but he's been quite pitiful the past few days and I'm hoping he turns the corner tomorrow.


Oh, and last but not least, Mommy gave them new haircuts yesterday to get ready for their birthday photos. Hey, I was feeling frugal, and that way we didn't have to leave the house. I'd give myself a C. Paul was pleasantly suprised when he got home, I think he was assuming the worst! He's yet to let me get my scissors on him, I can't say I blame him :)

Lilly before.



Lilly after...she seems happy with it :) Don't worry I went back and did a littel tweaking after this picture.

Owen after. I didn't get a before, and by this time he was feeling lousy.

No comments: