Friday, July 3, 2009

Ginger and my other babies.

It's the end of another week. Paul had the day off so we made an exursion to the Children's Musuem at the mall...and all that fun stuff. Now Paul has a better idea of what the kids and I are up to on some days. I think he had a good time but not sure he's ready to be Mr. Mom any time soon.

Baby Ginger is 5 weeks old today and still all over the place with her sleep She's not getting enough of it, I'm sure. I keep reading about other babies the same age that sleep 5,6,7,8 hours in a row at night...and take a few 3-4 hour naps during the day. Do these babies really exist? If I have had 3 babies now, shouldn't I have at least gotten one baby like that??? I still haven't figured out how you're supposed to get a newborn to sleep with two constantly-shreiking 2 year olds. I'm open to suggestions :)

The twins are doing OK with Ginger. Most of the time they are indifferent to her, although I'm starting to see a little reaction from Lilly. For instance, Lilly now calls herself a baby, asks to be fed and rocked quite frequently, and is constantly wanting her binky - something she hasn't used in two years. I'm trying to indulge her a little bit, but I have to say it's getting old. One funny thing is that Ginger is exclusively breastfed, yet both kids now drink from baby bottles on a regular basis. Note bottles and binky in picture below. Ginger has 4 binkies and I'm lucky to find one most days - not because I am losing them, but because I have two pint-sized binky theives, ugh!



I don't beleive it has rained since before Ginger was born..so for over a month now. So Mommy made rain!

I can already tell Ginger is going to be another Daddy's girl. She smiles and "giggles" for him already! She just started smiling this week, and it's adorable!

So I got brave and let the kids do some "cooking" last week. I got that Monkey Munch recipe from the Jon & Kate show to make (which incidentally, the recipe is also on the side of the Chex box -who knew?). I waited until Daddy got home for backup. We let the kids stir the melted peanut butter and chocolate into the chex, and even shake the powdered sugar bag. They were quite proud of themselves. They were not so happy when I did not let them eat ALL of it in one sitting.











This is what we wish Ginger did more of. But this week was definitely better than last!


My happy girl!



I hope everyone has a happy 4th! We don't have any grand plans but hope to take a trip to our neighbors pool again. And sleep.



2 comments:

redcitydesign said...

yay - Can you make it rain up here!Great posts - I need to make it down there for a visit one of these days before I lose my "uncle" status :)

Mamaw said...

LOVED the pictures of y'all carving Jack-o-lanterns and chomping on popcorn balls...Ginger chewing on her toes is pretty cute too! THANKS for keeping up with the blog...it will be an amazing journal for the kids to read some day.
xoxoxo
Grandma