Monday, March 30, 2009

Wild Weekend

We headed off to Dallas to visit some good friends this weekend. We hadn't seen Uncle Mikey since last May, so it was great to visit him and see his new house too! We got to see our friends Heidi and Joe also, as well as their kiddos. We finished up on Sunday with Jenni and Tyler, who we hadn't seen in about 3 years. We had a great weekend, and Lilly & Owen did really well.

For anyone who knows me, I'm pretty strict with naptimes and bedtimes, to say the least. I can honestly say that in the over 1.5 years they've had a 7:15 ish bedtime, they have NEVER stayed up past 8:00, and that's only been a few times. Well.....I decided to let loose, although not totally by choice, and just enjoy the weekend, and go with the flow. That resulted in my tots going to bed at around 10 PM TWO nights in a row - does it get any crazier than that?!?! I know, I'm a wild woman :) They did great, and I'm pretty sure they have recovered at this point, it's nice to know they can be flexible too.

We got to go see Mike and Joe play hockey on Saturday night. I was too busy making sure the tots didn't fall down the stairs, but it was pretty exciting anyhow and I was very impressed that they could ice skate, much less play hockey while doing it.



The highlight of any sporting event, particularly when eaten off the floor.





Abby & Owen kissing on demand...but still so cute!




Heidi, holding down the fort...



Chillin.






Fashions by Lilly. Not from Dallas but had to fit it in!


OK, so one of the highlights of staying at Mikey's house was when Lilly prompted Mikey to turn his alarm clock on...and the music blasted. We couldn't get the video camera fast enough - this girl just started rocking, and it was hilarious! I have a feeling we're gonna have to watch this girl when she gets a little older...I see a wild woman in my future!


2 comments:

redcitydesign said...

Sweet! I'm glad you guys could come up this time. I had a great time hangin' outwith you & the kiddos. Keep me posted on #3's arrival.

U.M.

Heidi Londt said...

Hey, cool--we made the blog! Ha, ha! It was so good to see you all. Keep in touch!