Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

I am just sitting here relaxing after a great, long weekend. Seriously, it felt more like a whole week than just three days, and I mean that in a good way. I think it felt longer because Paul and I got so much accomplished around the house, and we also had time to enjoy ourselves and visit with friends too. I'm pretty sure I've got the "nesting thing" going because it's not like me to want to tear the house apart and organize and clean, but that's exactly what we did. I feel so much better to get it all done, and the house looks good too. AND, we are pretty much ready for tator tot's arrival, just in case he/she decides to make an early appearance. And, according to every stranger we met in public this weekend, there is no way I'm going to stay pregnant for six more weeks, and the general consensus is that it's a boy... I forget the reasoning. Should we have a poll? I'm still sticking with girl!


We took part in some Easter festivities last weekend with our multiples club. It was a beautiful day and the kids had a great time. We even stopped for donuts on the way, and that was quite a hit. They had never been in a donut shop before, and I'm pretty sure they were wondering why we'd be holding out on them!

The Easter egg hunt was at a park with a great playground, and there were also bunnies!

I was kind of wondering if the tots would pick up on the whole finding eggs and putting them in your basket, but I guess that is innate -they had no problem at all, especially Lilly! She was so mesmerized with the eggs she even put all of Owen's in her basket as well when he wasn't looking. And this was before she knew the eggs were filled with stuff.



I think these are our first ever pics with the Easter bunny. Lilly thought he was great, which was quite suprising after the whole Santa pic fiasco at Christmas. I think Owen prefers Santa...







Bunnies!
The Easter Bunny was sitting near the bunnies. When Lilly saw him, she just took off and got in his lap. Luckily the people actually waiting in line were not too perturbed..







We had fun today as well and let the kids hunt eggs in the yard this afternoon, once the bad weather was gone. I'm pretty sure they would hunt eggs everyday if they could. Paul made a great dinner for the fam tonight, and we are enjoying what's left of our weekend.
Momma hit's the big 3-1 tomorrow so I guess I need to savor my last few hours of being 30...but really, once you're out of your 20's, does it really matter. 31 is pretty anticlimatic. I have shed no tears about it, unlike last year! I can't even have any birthday cake thanks to my gestational diabetes- boohoo! We're meeting Daddy for lunch tomorrow, but I get a facial and pedicure on Tuesday, so I am definitely looking forward to that!
Hope you are all well! Goodnight.


No comments: